Friday, April 18, 2008

Quick note

Hola!!!

I`m in Tena and it is HOT and HUMID here!!! What a change from Tocachi. I´ll write more later, but a few quick highlights:

Tomorrow I´m going white-water rafting. We have to hike into the jungle first and will be jumping off waterfalls... not a bad day!

Rainy season has apparently ended in Quito/Tocachi and the windy season has started. Upside: it´s much less cloudy and from the roof of my house in Tocachi I have a perfect view of at least 5 snow capped mountains.

Taught English again all week and chose the theme of my research paper- it´s going to be focused on teaching methods and how to address the learning problems in Tocachi/how to improve the English classes... I think it will be interesting.

I got a package from Emily last week and the peanut butter m&ms were potentially the best thing I´ve tasted in 3 months. Maybe an exaggeration, but they were delicious nonetheless.

Okay I´m off to buy some ice cream, did I mention it´s hot here??

4 comments:

adam and andrea said...

have fun jumping off of waterfalls!! That sounds great! Can't wait to see you in less than a month!! : ) Love you!

Amy Royse Brown said...

Hey, there is a monografia that might help you. I forget who it is by but if you look up bilingual education on the cimas library you will find it. I believe it is from 2001. Anyway, she addresses metholodogy to english teaching at INEPE, the school she was at. GOod luck girl! It sounds like Tena was pretty sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hun! Sounds like your having an awsome time! Thats a good topic for your paper eh, something you've experianced and it sounds like you have a passion for. That sure was nice of Em to send your that package, what a lil sweety! This weekend we are closing on and moving into our new house! I'm so excited! I hope we can see eachother when you come home to WI! Love ya hun!

Amy Royse Brown said...

Ooo I got it. Her name is Immanda Goetz.