Sunday, April 26, 2009

Props to the Olden Days



This morning I made Oatmeal Raisin cookies for a potluck we had this afternoon for my Community Organizing class. WHEW. I unfortunately do not own a mixer- so instead use the hand crank mixer that belonged to Grandma Barnes. OH MY GOSH that is a workout. We are talking the hand crank style mixer. See photo below for a rough estimation... Bless those people who didn't have electricity or appliances, it is tough work cranking that thing through cookie dough. They turned out delicious, and I think all the credit goes to the mixer. Oh my. I can only hope someday I will own a mixer. Life would be good. 


1 comment:

marycrockerbarnes said...

Hahahaha...I can't believe you tried using an egg beater on cookie dough!!!! You would have been better off with a big spoon. On the other hand, this probably counted for aerobic exercise
Chel. Way to go. And may we say that we were very reassured to know you sat out the riot in a bar. Incredible. Love you lots, Mom