Well I'm back!! And making the decision that I won't abandon my blog... I know you were all worried at the possibility of it coming to an end. But have no fear, I have lots of time on my hands (aka I haven't started my job yet and am BORED) and can keep on!! First, I'm going to see Barack Obama today with Emily! It's the last day of primaries (did anyone ever think this day would come?), and Obama chose to do his last rally of the primary season in none other than St. Paul! Doors open at 7pm, and we're planning on getting in line in early afternoon. HOPING that will be early enough..you never know, this is a historic day! I'll fill you in on that experience tomorrow.
So it's good to be back in the good ol' US of A. We had an amazing trip as a family and saw lots of great sights. Machu Picchu is absolutely beautiful. You know, I had pondered about the possibility of being disappointed with the site, since it's such a tourist attraction...could be overrun by world travelers and therefore lose it's sense of awe. I was wrong. Granted, there are a ton of people there, but the pathways and route around the ruins seems to contain people so that when you get that first postcard view of the site, it doesn't appear that there are many people inside. A highlight for me was when Tim, Dad and I hiked up to Wyna Picchu, which is the peak you see in all of the pictures of Machu Picchu. It was an incredible view, and we felt like we were literally at the top of the world. For tons of great pictures of the trip and hilarious stories of what we did, check out Adam and Andrea's blog (feel free to blog stalk, people). Andrea has done some great posting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Chel,
Glad you made it back okay. Can't wait to see you and hear more about your trip.
Dan
Post a Comment