Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life Update

It's been awhile since I've posted....and I have to be upfront and say this update will NOT be as exciting as my fun pictures from last time!!

** I'm registered to vote in Minnesota!! Yay!

**Teaching Spanish is going well. I'm amazed by the ability of kids to retain knowledge. My kids are great at remembering things from one week to the next!

**Today during class I was writing an example pen-pal letter and I had to write my age. One girl guessed I was 36, the other thought I was 16.... amusing. 

**I had a great weekend at home this past weekend. It was great to relax and get out of the cities for a few days! I got to see Megan too, who was home from Colorado with her hubby! I went to the apple orchard with Gma G and Dad too which was a lot of fun, and now I'm savoring every drop of apple cider and honey crisp apples! 

**I STILL haven't made scones (find the excellent recipe on marycrockerbarnes.blogspot.com) but am anxiously awaiting the day (soon) that I do!!!!

**I'm currently procrastinating.. I have a midterm tomorrow in the Semantics & Pragmatics of Spanish. It will be as fun as it sounds!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Chel...scary pictures! You could be distorted you for Halloween!! Hey I forgot to give you oatmeal for the scone recipe. Good luck on the midterm! Love Mom