This week:
- I lead a breakout session at the study abroad orientation for the students going to Ecuador next semester. It was so much fun!! I loved sharing my experiences, and got joy from answering their questions. I'm the 'student consultant' for the program, so I'll be answering their emails and questions until they leave for Quito in January.
-I taught two very successful Spanish classes. Successful in the sense that the kids had fun, I wasn't exhausted at the end, and everybody learned something!! At one of my schools the principal approached me to introduce himself and let me know that they'll be hiring teachers in the next few years for their Spanish Immersion program. I was flattered that he took the time to talk to me, and wondered if it was a sign that maybe teaching is for me after all.... I'm still exploring.
-Today I went to Loretto, MN to a YMCA camp for a day retreat. I've been attending a 10-week class with 2 friends called Seek at a church in Minneapolis, Mercy Vineyard. Today was 'Holy Spirit Day', and we all went to this camp. It was a gorgeous day and a beautiful location. We had 3 different talks given by leaders of the church, as well as time for discussion, worship and prayer. It was a really great day and I felt really close to God and the people in my group.
-Last night I was a chef!! We went to Dinkytown for a bit to celebrate Halloween and see all the costumes. There were a lot of Sarah Palin's.
ok that's it for me!



3 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! I think you would be a fantastic teacher - Love you!
Hi Chel,
Wow sounds like a wonderful weekend. I keep a prayer list with something that I'm praying for and by your name, I've had "openness to God". What joy to see your blog today!!! Love you, Mom
By the way, did you notice Kansas Corn on my blog?
I'm so happy for you, Chel! I'm thrilled you're enjoying teaching and feeling so connected to God. I really want to talk soon! Sorry I've been so sucky at calling. :) Oh, and a chef?? How about some pictures?? Hope you had fun!
Love you!!
Post a Comment