Here is a quick day in the life of Ms. Barnes-
5:30- Alarm goes off.
5:31- Go downstairs to pack lunch and eat breakfast.
7:03- Load bus and go to Davis HS
7:30- Arrive at Davis HS
8:00- begin sessions
4:00- after a long day of Curriculum & Literacy sessions, and a working lunch, we load the busses
4:30- arrive back at University of Houston
5:00- dinner
6:00- get back to work!
sometime between 11-2... max out, go to bed.
Busy busy busy!!!! It's been crazy, sometimes stressful, and oftentimes overwhelming. I have great people around me who make me laugh and keep things fun- which helps A TON. 1 week down, 4 to go.
Tomorrow I officially become Ms. Barnes! I apologize for being somewhat MIA recently... we all are literally living and breathing TFA. They even have their own language (90% acronyms) and time zone (Teach for America Standard Time, aka TFAST). I'm not even joking.



5 comments:
It was great to talk to you today - you're doing great, 2 weeks down! Love the updates! Good luck this week, we love you!
It is good to hear that you are getting the hang of it. Keep it up!
Boy oh boy Chel, what a Schedule..I'm sure you'll be a great teacher!
Hey honey...it was so good to hear your voice tonight. I'm glad day one went well. Hang tough with those kids...Love you lots! Mom
don't forget to breathe! have a good week :)
Post a Comment