Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Musings

Here are a few musings:

Yesterday I didn't teach, because the Spanish teachers were administering Interim Assessments to kids with modifications (oral administration, etc). I finished testing at about 11, and had the rest of the day free to work/plan. I plugged away in my cubicle for most of the afternoon.... and at the end of the day, realized what a great day it was! It was great for the obvious reason of not begin completely exhausted from dealing with children all day... but it made me think! My personality type (therefore me) prefers to work mostly alone, in a quiet environment. I had more energy last night, and even made a wonderful dinner (chicken parm with veggies). It made me think that maybe after this 2 year deal, I should pursue a career that would meld better with my personality. I do like teaching.... some days.... and I like kids.... most days.... (I promise, I don't think that is a lie) but it would be so nice to not have a job that completely poops me out!

On another note.... today I took one of my certification exams. It went pretty well- I feel much better about it than I did about the History exam, and Lord knows I passed that, so things might be okay :) It felt good to use my brain. I don't feel like teaching challenges me mentally as much as emotionally/physically. Hmm.... what to do with my life..... back to the age-old question :)

Can't wait to see y'all this weekend! Yee haww

3 comments:

marycrockerbarnes said...

hey chel...it only took me 30 years to figure out what I wanted to do with my life...career-wise anyway. can't wait to see you Love mom

adam and andrea said...

sounds like a lovely day - and a yummy dinner! We can't wait to see you!! Love you!

Dan said...

Do you want to buy a hotel?