Friday, December 11, 2009

TGIF

Snapshot of my day:

By 9:15 this morning, a 4th grader had already balled up his fist to hit another kid, redirected his anger to me, flipped over a desk, then went into the hallway where he proceeded to tell me that he would rather kill the kid and go to jail than find a better solution (like, say, talking about it?)... he then proceeded to run outside yelling "I'm going home!!!".

By 9:30 this morning, a different 4th grader (with Asperger's, mind you)- upon my attempts to straighten his desk with the row- screamed at me "DON'T FU**ING TOUCH MY DESK!!!!!!"

Happy Friday!!


3 comments:

adam and andrea said...

oh.my.gosh. I don't know how you do it! I would have said "I'm going home too!" and then ran outside with him! : )

TGIF is right!!

Dad said...

Hi Chelsea,

Andrea said it best. We don't know how you do it. It is a troubled word and it is reflected in these children. I think it it time the principal intervenes at some level with the student. I hope he didn't make you call the student's parents. Hang in there honey. We love you! Dad

Erin said...

Welcome to Teach for America, seriously. Humor and God, seriously.