
It's done. FINALLY!!! I have dragged out becoming a Texan (aka registering and licensing my vehicle) for 3 months. Today was the final step. I took my car to Pep Boys, where they used saws and drills and jackhammers (ok, maybe not that extreme) to remove my rusted on Wisconsin license plate. Apparently the ice, salt and snow had rusted my license plate screws all the way to the inside of the car. When I got to Pep Boys they told me labor was $98/hr, and they weren't really sure they could get it done. Luckily for me, Hispanic mechanics think I'm cute (or are just very nice) and did it for $25. Edwin was with me and it all went very smoothly. Now I am just waiting for my driver's license to come in the mail (see previous post about the DMV in a laundromat), and I will be a full legal Texan.
1 comment:
Chel- I'm currently at Panera, studying for an exam. I was just on your website reading your latest entry, with my headphones plugged in but not in my ears. All of a sudden I heard music coming from them and thought I was experiencing a miracle...after all, I am not listening to music on my computer, so where could the music be coming from?? It didn't take long for me to realize it was from your blog, but it was an excited few moments. Although this comment makes me look like I desperately lack "street smarts" (as Ceej says), I wanted to share anyway. Congratulations on the new status. Maybe you should change your middle name... Chel Tex Barnes sounds pretty dang cool and slightly rebellious.
Post a Comment