http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/03/01/colombia.rebel/index.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/03/03/ecuador.colombia/index.html
A little excitement here in Ecuador....
There´s some political tension happening here between Ecuador/Venezuela and Colombia. Over the weekend, the number 2 Colombian rebel and more than a dozen other Colombians were killed on Ecuadorian soil by the Colombian government (this is my understanding of what happened). Ecuador and Venezuela (Correa, the president here, and Chavez are buds) are upset, because Colombia didn´t have permission to enter, or kill, on Ecuadorian land. Both Ecuador and Venezuela have closed embassies in Colombia and ordered troops to the borders.... Also, the U.S. supports the Colombian president, so this could tighten relationships further between the U.S. and Venezuela, as well as Ecuador... And I thought I was in a peaceful country!! I´ll keep you posted! (But no need to worry!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow...what a crazy situation. Stay safe! Love you!!
Hey hun,
Greg woke me up this morning and told me he was worried about you. I hope where you are everything is safe and good. Love you hun!
I forgot to tell you the new updates in Colorado. Greg and I have finally booked flights to go home in May. Also, our lease is up the end of March so we've been looking as houses. Greg and I put a bid down on one today. But were still looking because that house is a 45 min drive everyday to and from work. Love ya babe!
Post a Comment