Tuesday, March 18, 2008

la playa

Hola!!

I´m finally discovering that Ecuador is in fact, on the Equator (aka hot climate)!!! I´m on the coast in a sleepy little beach town called Puerto Lopez. The town only has power after 2pm, so we´re taking a sun break in the only place in town that has electricity right now... The culture on the coast is worlds different than in Quito. I´ll write much more about it when I´m back in Quito this weekend, but I wanted to check in and say that I am alive and well under the sun. Tomorrow we are going to Montañita, a beach town known for surfing, an hour south of Puerto Lopez. We´ll be there until Friday when we head back up the coast and fly from Manta to Quito (a 30 minute flight). It´s amazing how different a place can be after only flying for 30 minutes. It´s hot, humid, and I´m getting tons of bug bites!!! (And taking my malaria meds)- But it´s vale la pena (worth the pain), because it´s so beautiful and the ocean is probably my favorite place to be in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that your adventuring around a lot. This experience is going to shape you into the person you will be tomorrow. I was a little worried when you said you were getting bug bites, but then happy to see that your taking vaccinations. :) Enjoy your stay by the ocean! Love ya hun!