Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 1

Day 1 of the trip has been an overwhelming success. We left Altoona this morning at 10:14... by mile 14 we had already cracked open the Little Debbies and Fruit Jammers. We are a pair to reckon with, let me tell you. On the way to Madison, we crammed in a history lesson. I now know about the Norman Conquest, Confucious, Feudalism, Alexander the Great, and Plato. I'm up to about 1350 A.D.... Making progress! 

We got to Madison about 1. After breaking into the A team's house, we went to work. Dad put together a fabulously sturdy picnic table (pictured below), and I did some of my pre-Institute work that is due next week. When the A team was done with work, we went to Famous Dave's for dinner. We were VERY happy to have Adam join us!!!! We thought he would be in Cedar Rapids for work, but (luckily?) he had a project to finish up and was in Madison longer than expected. It was fun! 

Tomorrow we plan to hit the road about 7:30. Stay tuned! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picnic table! It looks very sturdy and the paint job is exquisite! Excellent work on the history of the world. Anything I should be looking into? Too bad the skype thing isn't working, eh? Love Mom

adam and andrea said...

We love our new picnic table! It was wonderful to see you guys!! Can't wait to follow the road trip adventures - love you!!